Photovoltaic energy is that obtained from solar radiation and transformed into electricity by means of photovoltaic panels (known as solar panels) in which direct radiation from the sun stimulates the electrons of a semiconductor device to generate a small difference in potential.
One of the main characteristics of photovoltaic technology is its modular nature; it is possible to build either huge photovoltaic plants on the ground or small panels for roofs.
Up to now the development of the technology in the photovoltaic energy sector had been almost exclusively based on the obtaining of materials achieving greater efficiency in the conversion of solar energy into electric energy. This sector is largely dependent on research; for this reason we feel at Axial that it is essential to attach importance to R+D and to always offer new developments in the production and installations of electric energy by means of photovoltaic solar technology.
ADVANTAGES OF SOLAR ENERGY
Using solar energy gives multiple benefits, environmental, economic, social, and even educational, among others:
- It is an environmentally friendly form of energy (each 20 kW generated by solar energy avoids the emission of 10 kg of CO2 per year).
- It comes from an inexhaustible energy source.
- It contributes towards sustainable development.
- It means saving money on electricity and water bills.
- It encourages Research, Development, and Innovation by developing improvements in current systems, new models, etc.
- Its implementation involves some tax deductions.
- It increases the market value of a property.
- Its systems are easily installed and integrated in the building and require hardly any maintenance.
- It is important for generating employment: for each 600.000€ invested between 4 and 6 jobs are created.
- It encourages the development of rural areas.
- Educational information on photovoltaic solar energy should be included for the layman (perhaps journalists and other interested parties).
- The advantages of solar energy should be treated with the objective of highlighting values of the company and competitive advantages.